Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 meter lag
From: "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:33:36 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:49 PM

> that doesn't sound  up to spec for a classic.
>
> even when the batts run low, response time is unchanged, but the LEDs
> become very dim.  i believe the M6 classic and M6TTL use the same type
> of button batteries.

Thanks for the info. I may send it off for a CLA if it really starts to
annoy me.

> -rei
>
> p.s. how do you survive using both the TTL and the classic?  doesn't the
>      shutter dial thing make you nuts?
Well, I have only had the classic for about a month. (Bought it from a
LUGger and am very pleased with it.) So far, it really doesn't bother me.

However, on my recent family vacation to Wiiliamsburg, VA I took the M6 and
M6TTL along with 35, 50 and 90 lenses. I thought I had finally reached Leice
nirvana and was ready for an enjoyable family vacation and some picture
taking. What I finally realized was that great Leica setup is perfect when I
am alone. With my family in tow I become very frustrated very fast. And was
kickign myself for having sold my F5 and zoom lenses. (OK, the F5 is iffy.)

Upon my return I purchased a very nice Canon system I am extremely pleased
with. So, I am one happy little camper. (-; Now, the next family vacation I
will kick myself for not bringing the Leica! It never ends...

Regards,
Doug

> > From: "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net>
> >
> > I am back. I unsubscribed before leaving on Easter vacation and haven't
had
> > time to resubscribe until now.
> >
> > I have a question re the meter lag on my M6 classic. When I push the
shutter
> > release button down half way it is as if the camera meter has to charge
up
> > before giving me  a reading. I do not experience this "lag" with my M6
TTL.