Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT} what type of print is most archival? (was: [OT] Digital Darkroom and why?)
From: "Jonathan" <kottjn@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:40:20 +0800

Tina,

Platinum prints are supposed to last as long as the paper will hold together, maybe 1000+ yrs.
Platinum is one of the most stable substances known.
Plus it actually digs its teeth into the paper or something like that.

Do you seriously expect the carbon inks to last as long as platinum?
If so, I may be getting piezography soon;-)

Cheers,

Jonathan

>Sam -

>It depends entirely on the inks and papers used, but Piezography inks are
>carbon-based pigment and will last for hundreds (possibly thousands) of
>years.  Generations color inks are also pigment based and are rated as good
>for more than a hundred years.

>That's long enough for me!

>Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP