Subject: Re: RE:[Leica] National Geographic
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:38:42 -0700

Felix wrote:
>>> I did not realized life is in colour but our souls are black and white!
> Sometimes more black, sometimes more white. I love color.<<

Felix mon ami,

The idea is:

"When you photograph people in colour, you photograph their clothes!

But when you photograph them in B&W you photograph their souls!"

As in meaning the B&W is more revealing as it shows the innerself. One need
only look at the portraits by Yousuf Karsh!

I don't want to get into a big thing on this, but is it not a kind of
accepted notion that B&W is a more powerful medium when photographing people
than colour? Partially because the viewer can use their imagination to add
colour if they wish or accept the B&W photograph as all revealing.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant