Subject: RE: [Leica] friday fs prints: colleen in the alley
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:15:49 -0400

I was commenting, Henry, on the apparent need to reduce a captivating image
to a set of technical notes. What you asked for was the technical details. I
said that I thought it was a wonderful image. I do, however, think that
given Kyle's skills, he could have taken that photo with any decent camera.
The photo has far far more to do with Kyle's eye and ability than with the
equipment he uses - which is true in the case of the vast majority of
outstanding photographs - a point which is sorely missed in most exchanges
on the LUG.

 As to my showing off images, I have always been more than willing to "put
up." You can look at, and feel free to criticize, any one of the dozens of
images on my website at www.a-day-in-our-life.com any time.

And off-listI'll send you a couple of jpgs from the project I happen to be
working on at the moment.

B. D.