Subject: RE: [Leica] Too Serious
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

- --- "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Both of these are essentially variations on the urban legend
> that first
> cropped up in the late 60s - 1970 - around the time of student
> strikes,
> cancelled finals, etc. A philosophy professor at Brown, as I
> recall the
> story, walked into class on the morning of the finals and
> simply wrote,
> "Why?" on the black board. A student wrote "Why not?" and got
> an
> A.....riiiiiight....:-)
>
> B. D.

    A number of the Profs I had hated final exams as much or
more than the students.  After all, they often had to grade
them.
    But the University insisted that there be finals.  So many
of the courses were structured in such a way that you had all
your points made and the final counted for little or nothing.
    And I did get one "Why ?" The correct answer was "Because".