Subject: [Leica] FS: Cosina Voigtlander
From: Don Lawrence <donlaw@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:43:57 -0500

I bought one of the Voigtlander 125mm/f2.5 Macro lenses from Stephan. It is
in the C/Y mount for Contax SLR. It is exceedingly well constructed and
compares favorably with the excellent Zeiss 100/f2.8 Makro Planar.
1:1 photos of coins taken with both lenses were equal in every respect.

I splurged a bit on the 125 macro based upon my experience using the 28/f1.9
and the 75/f2.5 on a Leica M6 and M5.
Very good lenses at a great price.
However, I admit to be still struggling with the 15mm/f4.
For me, it seems to have too much light fall off at the edges. But I have
only had the opportunity to use it a few times, so I will give it some time.
It is the widest lens I have ever used and it will take some time learning
to use it with good effect.
Overall the Voigtlander/Cosina line is a pleasure. I appreciate the
commitment to both manual focus and rangefinder gear.
With Contax/Zeiss switching to the N mount, there are not many corporations
left still designing new manual focus lenses. Leica, Cosina, ?
However you may feel about the Cosina lenses, at least it is refreshing to
find continued support for traditional photographic equipment.

Don Lawrence