Subject: Re: [Leica] EOS to Leica R adapter source
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 00:00:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
The camera learns through the contacts
what focal length, aperture and focus position is
being used. The contacts also control the position of
the focused element and aperture. I've been inside a
few EF zooms and have seen slider RVs on the focus
ring aperture and zoom though the latter is stepped
rather than CV I think. These settings are reported to
the camera as is the M/AF setting on the lens. Anyway
by finding out how this pinout works I would like to
be able to tell the camera to go ahead and allow focus
confirmation, and perhaps tell it the focal length if
necessary. The reason I asked if the EOS adapter had
contacts is merely because I wanted to confirm that it
was a purely dumb adapter. A contact set on the
adapter even if connected to nothing on the lens would
still indicate that termination or perhaps loopback
with or without impedence is present. Since the
contacts are not present it indicates that Novoflex
adapter does not  the camera at all. The camera
believes no lens is attached and that is why focus
confirmation doesn't work.
Javier