Subject: Re: [Leica] Chicago LUGers?
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:25:49 +0000

Mark, you are visiting at a great time.

First of all, the Institute of Art is holding THREE major photo exibitions
currently.   Ansel Adams at 100.  (in crummy white rooms.  What a bummer.)
Taken by design, photography 1937-1997 and Street Photography.  All in the
same building!

The Institute of art is on Michigan Ave, so all you need to do after you see
the exhibets is start walking.  Within a 2 mile radius you will find tons of
great stuff.  The lake-front museums are great.  In addition you should not
miss "The Billygoat", a great Chicago bar underneath Michigan ave in front
of the Wrigley building.  Ask them for French fries and see what happens:)

Take some time to walk up and down Wabash, under the L, and also hit some of
the East/West streets like Jackson, Madison etc.  There is no end to the
photographic subject mater available in Chicago.

If you are not renting a car, take the Blue Line train from O'Hare into down
town.  There are lot's of interesting stops along the way, though you should
be careful not to wander aimlessly in some of the western neighborhoods.
Have fun,

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI