Subject: [Leica] PWIFLI: Children and small animals
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 21:29:14 -0700

On my recent trip to southern California, I got to know Karoline, the
five-year old daughter of the friends we were visiting.  Here's a couple of
pictures of her.

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/karoline_draws.htm
50mm Summicron, 1/60 at f/2, window light, Supra 400.  I was sitting or
crawling on the floor so Ted Grant wouldn't yell at me for shooting a
little person from above.

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/currentpics/karoline_ducks_b.htm
35mm Summicron, probably 1/60 at f/2.8 or 4, Supra 100.   (Confidential to
Ted:  I was down on one knee for this one.)  I thought seriously about
cropping the top off to eliminate the people at the far end of the
sidewalk.  But then you wouldn't see the water, and the picture has no
context.  My wife felt the same way when I showed her a cropped and
uncropped version.  What do you think?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] PWIFLI: Children and small animals)