Subject: Re: [Leica] Velvia, Velvia, Velvia - darn, momma, don't take my Kodachrome away.
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:45:07 -0500

Talk you out of it? Not likely. Unless you are turned off by the ISO 50
(and some push it to 100 with excellent results), you may be a confirmed
addict. But I see great results with Ektachrome 200, and have gotten great
results with Provia 400f, and I wouldn't leap off the wagon too quickly.
While there is much to be said about getting to know ONE film by heart, I
am finding that it simply isn't practical for me. I like available dark, so
fast films (which look like slow films from 20 years ago) are a wonderful
innovation. I like the colors and grain of Velvia, but like the appearance
and speed (but not the price) of Provia 400f. To me, it is the wave of my
future.

I would love to have Doug the Birdman's granite hands (or granite tripod),
age, wear and tear, and disease have left me with the need for a faster
shutter speed. For me, Provia is what the doctor ordered.

Jeffery