Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 update 2. :-)
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:05:30 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 25/04/02 06:50:39 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
tedgrant@shaw.ca a écrit :

> M7 again. :-)  It just keeps getting better. :-)
>
>  So for several days now we've been pumping film through the M7 and roll
>  after roll is coming out exposure right on the mark even in the lighting
>  environment of the hospital scene and operating rooms.
>
>  I find I'm a step faster with the M7 and AE, than using the M6 because it
>  requires that extra action to make the shutter speed or aperture setting
>  change.
>
>  Where as with the M7 it's select the aperture and shoot away, sure if a
>  change is required you still make the aperture change for a different
>  shutter speed, but generally there isn't any change unless you wish to
>  shoot, say with the Noctilux wide open or nearly so. And that's for a way
>  out of focus effect of background.
>
>  But there isn't any question, working with a couple of M6's and one M7, not
>  to forget an R8, does create some annoyance in a quick change re-action to
>  photo moment where a different lens is required. When you've been shooting
>  continuously with the M7 and not doing anything accept focus & shoot, a
>  quick change to the M6 due to need of a different lens and it's, OOPS! ;-)
>
>  You have to catch yourself to make an exposure correction for the M6, where
>  with the M7 I've not bothered and just let the camera select what it wants
>  and time after time the exposures are right on the mark appearing equal to
>  each other. Which inturn makes it easier to print due to a constantly
>  correct exposure frame after frame.
>
>  I haven't as yet used my Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder with the M7 but I will
>  shortly, then I expect the camera body will become rather warm as the film
>  flies passed the shutter gate! ;-)
>
>  ted
>
>  Ted Grant Photography Limited
>  www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Well said , Ted . On the opposite way , I've tried the M7
last week and , after 15 years of abuse with an M6 , I
find it hard just to focus / compose and shoot . Looks too
easy and something is missing !
It looks quite weird that I've now got the M6 habit of twickling
that diaph ring and look for a moment at the speed before
depressing that shutter button .
I just need to "de-magnetize" myself !
Chears

JO GOODTIMES