Subject: [Leica] Spring in the Eastern Northwest
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:11:23 -0700

Well, we haven't caught up with Atlanta yet, but there are a few things in
bloom.  Experimenting with the Velvia I came up with these shots.  While we
have warmed up a bit and it has been a while since some snow, the wind has
been terrible.  In the last three weeks I think there has only been three
days when the wind was calm enough to take some flower shots.  At times it
has been so windy we have lost a few shakes from the room.  Flowers get
pretty beat up after a few days of wind.

So, here are some of the precious few moments captured on film.

The almond tree is finally in bloom and the bees are busy

The bleeding hearts are starting to bloom.

The phlox is looking quite nice.  It is also easier to photograph in some
wind.

A few pansies are peaking around the front yard.

I cheated on this one.  It was actually taken a few weekends ago in Seattle
(the Western Northwest)

Comments are welcome both off or on list.

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159