Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Summarit 50/1.5
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:33:44 -0400

At 04:23 PM 4/26/02 -0400, Dante Stella wrote:

>Marc, I know we've had this discussion before, but the Opton Sonnar and
>its Nikkor counterpart are both light-years ahead of the SPS Jupiter-3.

Absolutely not.  All three are the same design.  I will admit that Nikon
and SPS quality control is not up to Zeiss standards, but a good example of
any of the three will produce precisely the same results.  The Jupiter-3
might even be marginally better if it is one of the later multi-coated ones.

And, at $100 a pop, you can buy four or five of the Jupiter-3's for the
price of a single 1.5/5cm CZJ Sonnar T.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!