Subject: [Leica] PAW 16 Ben with SF20
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:11:07 -0500

Rob,
    Interesting point of view with a flash.  I'm
so used to seeing subjects' faces straight on
with a flash, that I never thought about taking
a shot from this angle.  Before commenting, I
must first disclose a bias:  since starting with
the Leica, I've become a convert to available
light.  I think your son's skin looks a little
washed out with the flash.  I compared to your
week one PAW, and liked the shadows created by
natural light in that photo; it provided depth
to that photograph that seems missing here.
(Hopefully you did not use flash on week
one--I'll be eating my words).
    Also, just a request from a guy with a dial
up connection.  Might you be able to link
directly to the photo, as opposed to your PAW
page?  It saves me a little dowload time when
surfing through PAWs.  If others prefer the PAW
link, feel free to ignore my request.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net