Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Ansel Jnr ;-)
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:15:42 -0700

>Speaking of which - I sent George a complimentary eMail and asked
>him if used "all" 35  or some large format. He responded that he
>recently sold all his leicas (85 of them!!??) and works with an
>Olympus 4040 digital.

George,

Now that's a lot of Leicas. And all replaced by a single digital camera? I
bought a Canon G2 last fall. And while it has it's place I'm not ready to
sell my Leicas (though I considered it for a time). After a sustantial
fling the G2 has sat idle. I'm back to film. For me digital replaces 35mm
color neg film only and focal lengths of 35 and wider. Everyone is going
digital. But, compared to Leicas and conventional cameras, digital shutter
lag is unbearable. Depends on the subject matter, I suppose.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net> ([Leica] Digital G2 and M)