Subject: Re: Vs: [Leica] Digital vs Film
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:08:19 -0400

At 11:29 AM 4/27/02 -0900, you wrote:
>No digital camera gives me the mind blowing color saturation, the variety of
>views/perspectives, the ability to make a billboard (which I have on
>occasion had to do without shooting for a billboard in mind), the
>flexibility of emulsions and effects or the quality (by ANY measure) as a
>film based camera.

Mark -

All of this can be duplicated with digital and Photoshop plus Genuine
Fractals.  I was very skeptical but the quality of the newest digital
cameras is astounding.  The new Foveon or whatever it is chip sounds like
it is going to surpass film for almost all uses.  If I were not overwhelmed
by hundreds of thousands of unscanned negatives, I might not be so willing
to embrace digital; but it is a lifesaver as far as I'm concerned.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from: