Subject: Re: [Leica] Does anyone know if the lugs on an M4 can be replaced?
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 22:30:26 -0700 (PDT)

They are riveted.
That's to say the inboard side of the eyelet is
expanded as it was with the old Exaktas. Note however,
I'm fairly sure that any M4 coming in for eyelets will
get the newer M4-P satin steel eyelets rather than
original (and inferior) chrome plated brass ones the
M4 had. It's not a problem unless you are a
hyper-collector.
It's not a bad deal considering they have to remove
the sleeve and thus check and adjust the RF on
reassembly!
Javier