Subject: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica scholarship
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:23:12 +0200

Eric wrote:

Taking pictures in exotic places doesn't make one a photographer.  It makes
one a tourist.  :)

Sometimes.  But if someone has a genuinely good story and the desire to tell
it, then where it's located makes no difference at all. And often the
foreignness can give you a more objective view.
I think the Romania story is very interesting and I'd love to see it, but
maybe Scott should be talking to editors or NGO's rather than the LUG about
it.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
Tel: (+39) 059 303436

See City of Crows online at The Digital Journalist:
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0204/city_intro.htm