Subject: RE: [Leica] steven gandy's coventry proposal
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:34:29 -0600

> >> I got an email from an Elementary school in Covington Kentucky.  The
> >> school district is so poor that the teachers  buy the student's paper,
> pencils,
> >> and often books, or the students do without.  The teachers
> want  to get a
> >> photography program going.  To me at least, helping a group of
> elementary
> >> kids who are unable to help themselves is a lot more worthy charity for
> the
> >> LUG.

WOW - this is in the greatest and richest nation in the world? Doesn't the
state pay for education? Ordinary schools depend on charity. I think we'd do
more good plotting to overthrow the government.

tim

Replies: Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] steven gandy's coventry proposal)