Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:batteries for Leica CL and Minolta CLE
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:55:53 -0700 (PDT)

I believe genuine 1.35 volt HgO PX-625s are very much
available on the net. You can certainly get them
outside of the US. There is a fix involving a voltage
dropping resistor but because the 1.5 discharge curve
is different from the 625 you start getting erroneous
readings while the battery is still good. I think the
625 stays at a full 1.35 until it is called home while
the 1.5 drops gradually to less than 1 volt. Another
fix is an adapter that fit on to the 1.5, lowering the
voltage and horizontalizing the discharge rate like a
voltage regulator until the host battery reaches 1.35
volts. A final alternative is to use the very cheap
1.4 volt zink oxide batteries. They are close enough
to 1.35 that it might not show on the meter but only
last 2 months or so from the time you activate them by
pulling off the seal and letting air in. You could of
course use the 1.5 and calibrate the thing with the
ASA dial against your M6 before you go out. The
setting should last the whole day. Just remember to
test the calibration at both low and high light and
settle for dead zero somewhere in the middle. Or
calibrate for the brightness you expect to encounter
It works for me.
See Ya
Javier