Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed (OT)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:31:11 -0600

All across North America (perhaps elsewhere too?) there was a move to
deinstitutionalize the care of the mentally sick and disabled. Naturally
promises were made that alternate community based facilities would be
developed. Equally naturally this did not happen in many places. Where I
grew up, half way houses and assisted living programs were (and are)
very successful. Strong advocacy groups are necessary to insure that the
disadvantaged are not forgotten.

John Collier