Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica scholarship
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 30 Apr 2002 05:23:59 -0000

Yes, well, absolutely no defence for that observation - I suppose that has
something to do with increasing immigration :-0.  It's odd Allan, whenever
soemthing happens to anyone here its a tourist - an American girl was
killed by a crocodile (Ginger Meadows), we have had serial a killer kill
backpackers, an Englishman was shot and presumed dead, (Peter Falconia),
we had 2 tourists from the US go on a diving tour - the company missed
them on the headcount and left for shore without them....they were never
found..

But on the whole, in Perth - the things that make headlines on TV news
would make a tourist think they were watching the comedy channel - like
man steals tank from army barracks, drives down the main street,
flattening all bus stops etc - but - HE DID USE HIS INDICATORS

Or like the time there was a robbery in Dianella in a Deli, the employee
burst into tears and the robber felt sorry for her so handed the money
back, she in turn then took pity on the robber and they ended up arguing
about who should keep the money......lawyers, how would this go in a
courtroom?

TOURISTS EXTREMELY WELCOME...

Karina