Subject: [Leica] New PAW shots
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:30:57 -0500

Mark,
    Despite the fact that I generally agree and
adhere to Kyle's commandments regarding
photography of the homeless, I think number two
is a stunning shot.  The details of the back and
foreground present gritty and ugly surroundings
for this individual, a lovely bit of
environmental portraiture.  That he appears
headless, and his sole distinguishing feature is
a cast on his right leg only make the photo more
powerful.
    The first photo also contains a couple of
good human subjects, but the background and
foreground elements are quite distracting.
Perhaps a larger aperture would keep these
distracting elements out of focus, and less
intrusive.  You might be able to crop some of
them out now.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net