Subject: [Leica] re: Printers
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:46:49 -0400

Ted,

I use the Epson 780. Got it last fall, just after it was discontinued, for
$100. It is excellent. Print quality is fantastic on the Heavy Weight Matte
paper. I am not a super critical color guy, but I think the color
consistency and fidelity is great, much better than expected for such an
inexpensive device.

Only caveats:  it is slow; it's not a commercial grade machine and will
probably die in a year or two (at that price, who cares); some people are
disappointed with the tone of B&W prints. I haven't tried that yet.

Nevertheless, I'd praise the thing equally if it cost $500 or more. The
Windows drivers are just fine, but I do all the image adjustments in Photoshop.

Carl

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] re: Printers)