Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: calling on the LUG to do a good deed: leica
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 1 May 2002 01:55:27 -0000

This is hysterical...but unfortunately it is very true, a young man of 23
was killed by a shark yesterday.  Last Novemeber my boss was going for his
6am swim and witnessed a fatal shark attack (in Perth), what surfaced out
of that tragedy was the courage of the general public who literally ran
into the water to try and pull him out whilst he was being attacked, no
exaggeration.....and then they quietly slipped into the crowd and did not
want to be identified...

Karina

> At 11:05 PM 4/30/2002 +0800, you wrote:
> > > Don't forget the deadly spiders - that lurk in your suburban mail box
> >until
> > > you stick in your hand to pull out one of those truly awful rags
that pass
> > > for newspapers in Australia, when it bites you and you die before
you can
> > > even ogle the Page 3 Girl...;-)
> > >
> > > B. D.
> > >
> > > (Saw it on the Discovery Channel, so it must be true!)
>
> B.D.
>
> Yes, it must be true....or is it?
>
> Tavel Channel: Swim or surf Austrailia's beautiful beaches
> Discovery Channel: Be eaten by a Great White, or stung by a poison jelly
fish

> TC: Visit exotic forests of eucalyptus trees
> DC: Brush up against a nettle tree and die from shock due to
excruciating
> pain, if you don't first die in a forest fire
>
> TC: Journey through the fascinating outback
> DC: Be bitten by any number of deadly snakes or spiders
>
> TC: Sight see by boat
> DC: Be eaten by a crock.
>
> TC: Meet people who enthusiastically embrace danger.
> DC: Meet people who enthusiastically embrace danger.
>
> Perhaps someone should go and find out what the facts really are.
Someone's