Subject: [Leica] Re: 135 MM Elmarit 2.8 from M6 TTL
From: Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:22:42 -0400

Joe:

I have a 135 Elmarit also. The addition of "eyes" to the Elmarit and
to a lesser extent the various goggled 35mm lenses does indeed reduce
the contrast in the finder, as well as making it somewhat dimmer.
There is more glass to look through and more glass to air surfaces,
thus lower contrast. with the 135 you are also preading the light
over a larger area, the 90mm frames and thus making it dimmer.

You have to decide for yourself if the normal M 135 area is too
small. Just use your preview lever to do this. I like the enlarged
view with the Elmarit, but I used an old Hector for many years and
did OK with that too.

As for the case--throw it away.

ken Wilcox