Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens PAW 15,16,17
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 17:03:52 -0700 (PDT)

- --- kiklaas@iinet.net.au wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Gosh.....hoping there is hope for me yet.  This is so very
> different from
> automated F5 - but I am getting used to ergonics of the M6
> body and the
> Noctilux focus vs aperture rings.  I feel I am improving
> because I don't
> have to consciously grapple with these as much.  Catching
> moving objects
> will take me a while...noty quite up to speed, but so far I
> have no reason
> to be unhappy about decision to abandon Nikon.
>
> Karina

KK,

   Try this:

1.  Place your left hand under the Leica - palm up.

2.  The camera body should rest in the palm of your hand.

3.  Your forefinger should be extended and touching the aperture

    ring.

4.  Your thumb and "social finger" ( yeah, the Bird ! ) should
    be grasping the focusing ring.
    Now you know why so many old time Leica shooters decry the
    loss of the tab on the focusing ring.

5.  Your right hand should wrap around the right side of the
    Leica with your forefinger on the shutter release.

6.  Now rotate the camera clockwise for a vertical.

7.  The right side of the camera should be in the palm of your
    right hand with your thumb on the shutter release.

8.  Your left hand should be gripping the Leica in a similar
    fashion as before, but now with your left thumb on the back.

    I really need to find a way to convince you to buy a copy of
the 15th ed. of the Leica Manual.

  All the best

=====
"Yu nevr sea the typos until AFTER yo post"

    Photo Phreak