Subject: Re: [Leica] tao and haiku off topic?
From: "Jonathan" <kottjn@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 18:06:10 +0800

I agree!

It is easier to understand the English interpretation than the Chinese original!
This is because the Chinese original leaves alot more options open for your own interpretation...it is a very broad, less specific work in my opinion!
I have studied this work in English and Chinese, and the mentioned translation seems very specific to me.
In other words, the interpreter gives a very good and concise interpretation for what the work means to him/her!

Now why were we discussing this?

Cheers,

Jonathan

S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> wrote:

It might be of some comfort to you that
these materials are almost as difficult to wade through to the members
of the originating society as they are to us.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] tao and haiku off topic?)