Subject: [Leica] Help with Epson 2000 Printer
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:27:08 -0400

Greg,

You might have tried this, but remove the color cartridge, clean the little
gold contacts in the socket, and try again. Twice now a color went missing
on my Epson, and that turned out to be the problem. I've put some contact
cleaner on the pins which might fix it long term.

There is a test in the driver for the alignment of the individual colors -
can't remember just what it's called. You should get six little patterns.
If one is missing, that's the color that isn't working, and it's probably
just a bad connection to the cartridge.

Hope this makes sense.

CP

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Help with Epson 2000 Printer)