Subject: Re: [Leica] Sexy Hoes hungry
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 10:23:55 -0700

> Brian, what is a client side filter? I filter some messages to the trash
> on my email (the much loved outlook express) but many escape my "net".

Email works around the "client/server model". There is a server, which
provides service, and there are clients, which use it. In this case the
service that is provided is mail-drop service.  Normally your computer is
the client, and the place from which it gets its mail is the server. If
something happens on the "server side", then it is not happening on your
computer. If something happens on the "client side", then it can happen on
your computer if you have enabled it.

The advantage of doing something on the client side is that you have more
control over it. The disadvantages are that the data must be transmitted to
your computer before you can do anything to it or with it, and that you
have the responsibility to control it.

Message from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] Sexy Hoes hungry)