Subject: Re: [Leica] Home converting 2-cam to 3-cam lens
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:51:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
Another way of doing it is to fabricate the cam out of
sheet brass about 1/32" with a dremel and epoxy it to
the side of the second cam. A properly bonded 3rd cam
should last the life of the lens. You must take care
to bond it exactly at the right offset and height or
you'll get erroneous readings. Also you have to remove
some metal from the rear baffle so the cam will clear.
Note that for all functions to work properly all the
steps in the cam must be the right length. The best
way to do this is to guide yourself by another lens of
the SAME speed with a factory 3rd cam. Also, use the
lens as a reference for positioning the cam. Use
fresh, qood quality 5 minute epoxy, never crazy glue!
I've done this on several of my lenses starting about
15 years ago and have never had one fail. It's
strictly a DIY thing, never pay someone to do it for
you!

Javier