Subject: Re: [Leica] Great exposures & sharpness don't......
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 17:04:54 -0700

Steve LeHuray wrote:
>>I really appreciate your saying this, so few people seem to realize that
> photography is all about the CONTENT, does the photo say something.
Content
> is the biggest challenge, NOT perfect exposure or perfect focus. It is a
> photo that compels people to linger, to see what is going on, to see if
> there is some message in there.<<<

Hi Steve,
Thanks old buddy as sometimes I kick myself because I've not captured the
"sharpness or the exposure may not be perfect" so I get right put off with
myself for rushing, as that's my biggest fault when shooting, rushing .

The shot that created my "anxiety attack" ;-) was one that I felt had to be
right on the mark because the light was so perfect it couldn't have been
wrong! Hell, I suppose I over reacted to what appeared a great photo moment
in the viewfinder. Then when I had all the technique elements right and
looking at the negs on the light table I figured it was going to be a hummer
of a picture.

Well all the photo elements were perfect, but the one that usually sorts my
work out from others, the life or emotion of the moment wasn't there. So
here I was with finger cutting sharp as only the 100 2.8 macro can cut in
film, wonderful light, nice composition, so what ! :-(

Anyway, back at 'er again today and we'll see shortly what the efforts are
worth. What the heck can't be any worse than yesterday unless they're all
out of focus! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant