Subject: Re: [Leica] Sexy Hoes hungry
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 13:09:04 +1000

>>What filtering system is that? How does it work? Is it widely available?
>
>I use Spam Assassin. It's freeware. See http://spamassassin.org/
>
>It works by using a point system. It has about 500 templates that it
>applies to an incoming message, and each one has a point value. If
>the points add up to be more than a certain threshhold value, the
>message is rejected as spam. I've been running it for 6 months, and
>in that time it has let about 1% of the spam messages through (i.e.
>it blocks about 99%) and it has never falsely classified something
>as spam when it was not.

It's a Unix program, and it only works if you can get it installed on
your mail server computer, or if you run Unix or Linux as your
desktop. If you aren't comfortable installing Perl software on a Unix
system, I don't recommend that you start with this. It works well
enough that it's just a matter of time until there's a Windows
version.

Any mac versions?

- --
Alastair Firkin