Subject: [Leica] Re: New Tri-X & Plus-X
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:23:58 -0400

LUGgers,
    The announcement of the "changes" to Tri-X and Plus-X was made at the
PMA show in February.
    The person in charge of the project is a good friend of mine and a Leica
user.
    As I understand things, they moved the production of Tri-X and Plus-X to
the new state-of-the-art coating plant and made minor changes in the base to
make the films more resistant to static electricity.
    My friend told me, development times could change + or - fifteen
seconds. They felt it was better to tell customers about the change, rather
than have people complain after the fact.
    Personally, I find it amazing, someone would criticize a product BEFORE
trying it. The new emulsions are not even on the market yet!
    To Allan, at this point in time, there are NO plans to discontinue
Plus-X or Tri-X.
    To Matteo, the change is to improve the product.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.,
Philadelphia, PA
Web Site: http://members.fcc.net/sal.dimarcojr