Subject: [Leica] bulk Velvia
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 05:29:10 -0700

In my quest for a Kodachrome substitute I think I am going to try Velvia
from all the comments I have seen and the one roll I tested.  I will shoot
both for awhile just to be sure I like it.  I found a source of some bulk,
slighty out-of-date 100' Velvia for $30.  It is an established camera store
that we deal with at school and the film has been cold stored.  I often
bought slightly out-of-date Kodachrome and froze it and it worked fine for
up to a year after the purchase.  Does anyone have experience with Velvia
that is out of date, yet had been stored cold (Not frozen)?  Can I expect to
get good results if I buy it, roll it all and freeze the rolls?  At this
price if I get 5 good rolls before it craps out I come out ahead.  Even less
if I bought it locally at $12 a roll!!!!!

Bulk film is not a stranger to me.  I buy bulk and roll all my B&W film with
no problems.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159