Subject: Re: [Leica] Doing your own color
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@idea-processing.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 09:48:40 -0700

On 5/6/02 Tina Manley  wrote:

>I'm using the roll-film adapter on the LS-4000 to do rough proofing very
>quickly.  It's certainly good enough to determine which photos you want to
>print - the way I used to use contact sheets but much faster and easier.

This is my plan - although I sure wish they would release an OS X driver for
this puppy.

I've read that the JOBO processors aren't good to use with traditional B&W film
because they blow the highlights due to too much agitation. Is this the case or
is this a bad rap? Almost certainly I'll be running in XTOL and shooting Tri-X
or the fast Delta films when I do B&W. I could use the C41 B&W, of course, but
my experience with them has been a lack of contrast and when I'm shooting B&W
it's all about contrast.

Thanks!

Adam