Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad question?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 15:09:29 -0700

You should also buy the Hasselblad camera key tool. One end fits the lens
slot and the other end fits the camera body cocking mechanism, which is
under the mirror from the back of the camera. If your body gets tripped in
a funny way, you won't be able to mount or dismount a lens. Some people use
a screwdriver but this is v-e-r-y dangerous as a screwdriver can slip off
of the slot and gouge the back of your lens or the inside of the camera.
This tool slips over the slot, cannot slip off, and you can cock the camera
very easily. It's about six inches long and smaller around than a pencil.

Chances are you won't ever need it, but when and if you do, nothing else
will work properly. I've had to use mine once.

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MT&Product_Code=PK-1

The inset on the photo is a picture of what the ends look like.

Jim