Subject: Re: [Leica] {ot} how to make prints archievel
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:43:43 -0400

Sam, as this is your second request and no one else has stepped up to the
plate I will answer briefly.  Many if not most photographers who print on
real paper B&W will tone their prints in a dilute selenium toner.  The idea
is to coat the still somewhat reactive silver with something that makes it
unreactive.  The art is to balance toner dilution with time to properly coat
the silver without changing the tone of the print too much.

Most  I believe start with a 1 to 20 to a 1 to 30 dilution on toner with
about two minutes in the soup.  Others should chime in.  I would also look
at the Agfa and Ilford sites as I bet they have something to say about this.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com