Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 at a Bris
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 02:26:19 +0800

I suspect in Canon's speak, AE stood for 'auto exposure' and the AE-1
offered 'shutter priority AE'.

The Canon A-1 was launched in April 1978 and it offered:

Av mode - aperture priority AE
Tv mode - shutter priority AE
P mode - programmed AE
Stopped-down aperture priority mode
Speedlite AE mode - non-TTL auto flash mode
Manual mode

The original F-1 was launched in March 1971.  I got mine in September that
year as my first 'real' camera.  Had Kodak Instantmatics prior to that.

My 1978 A-1 is still going strong, and that Motor Drive MA still gives 5
fps.

Bests,

Joseph - previous die-hard FD user/collector.