Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 AE lock
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:33:53 +0200

[Not to mention some excess praise / criticism on this list] they sure are
doing it very well indeed! It seems to me this talk of AE lock on M7 has
taken shape of criticising our (other people's) shooting-style-preferences.
So maybe it's time to abstain from it a little. It is really very bad if
camera technology impedes picture taking (if all the automation takes away
all the creative fun - or - with other people - lack of automation makes
picture-taking (snappping away) too tedious) - but
as-I-gather-friom-what-I-read-on-the-list it's not the case with M7! Minor
glitches and misunderstandings, and that's it! L~ has done it again! Not
strictly for everybody, but still very much like it -

M.

My opinion is that Leica is a small company. It does not have the
resources to custom design electronics and has to depend on outside
help. Heck, the original M6 board was developed in conjunction with a
university! They do what they can with whatever they can get.

John Collier