Subject: RE: [Leica] doctors and lawyers and dentists, oh my!
From: "Victor Wek" <photvictor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 20:02:15 +0000

Agree,
People like to pay for anything, this give them sort of security. In the
world where everything cost something, a gesture of free, not profitable
will is rare, like Brian does.
I remember here discussion about paying for the Photoshop licenses. When we
buy almost any multimedia hardware we can get copy of Adobe free. But that
was scare users, and they wanted to pay! It is something in our psychic, we
have to pay, and complain about prices.

Victor
PS. I have a theory that anyone who does something for free is rewarded in
another way, i.e. happy family life, free Leica finder…

From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>

I think Brian is a saint. I appreciate the existence of the LUG. But pay
MONEY to belong to the LUG - when I don't have to pay to subscribe to the
NYTimes or WashPost sites, when I have available to me for free at Magnum
and VII some of the world's best photojournalism and documentary
photography, when I can go to the UNC site and stumble through William
Gedney's ENTIRE archive?

ROFLOL! :-)