Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees PAW 18
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 13:47:21 +0200

Hi Graham,

A lovely set of pictures, brings real meaning to the phrase "England's
green and pleasant land" from my all-time favourite piece of music, the
hymn "Jerusalem".

Some specific comments:

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/week_18.html

The best colours of the lot. I wonder if the composition would have been
improved if you had taken a few steps to your left so that the sign would
not impose on the trees in the background and more of the right side were
included--right now it feels a bit cut off. Of course, I do not know if
there was some rubbish on the right which you needed to exclude.

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/week_18_alt1.html

On this one, I would be severely tempted to get rid of the electricity
pylons in the background. I am ordinarily against this sort of Photoshop
trickery, but in this case it would be a very minor change which would
greatly enhance the image.

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/week_18_alt2.html

This has the weakest colours of the three pictures, and I do not think that
the car adds to the image. Perhaps a walking person would be better, or
just nothing at all.

Again, an excellent and pleasing set of images.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland