Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MR4 question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:38:35 -0600

Hi Ken,

There is actually two statements but i think I know the one you mean.
First the sensitivity to the warm spectrum is well known but only
important if you are photographing with slide film where that is the
predominate colour. Normally it is not an issue.

Now the meter memory problem. Yes I have experienced it but always with
my old Nikon F2a. The Nikon F and F2 meters (except for early ones)
meter wide open so, if you accidently point a f1.4 lens at the sun, the
Cds cell starts hallucinating big time.

The MR-4 meter has two ranges so in bright light the meter is shielded
quite a bit. Also the meter is only powered for a brief period. These
two reasons are probably why the MR-4 meter is not prone to the memory
problem. If you point a powered MR meter in low light mode at the sun, I
would say it would want to lay down in the shade for awhile before being
accurate again.

John Collier