Subject: RE: [Leica] Virus woes
From: Douglas Herr<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:11:47 -0700

On Tue, 14 May 2002 09:28:52 -0500 Sam Krneta <skrneta@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I have yet to receive anything, and no warnings
> from NAV2002. What form does this virus come
> in? Time to backup all the important info.

Sam, you have to be in the address book of an infected computer before you get any.  The Klez worm may appear to come from someone you know, or just as possibly from a complete stranger.  Subject lines also vary, including sexual come-ons, "I miss you", or a promise of immunity from Klez if you run the attached program.  If you get one of these DON'T OPEN THE ATTACHED FILE!  Throw it out!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Virus woes)