Subject: Re: [Leica] Weight of Current 75 Summilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:31:43 -0600

All 75/1.4s have the same optical design. The mount was redesigned for
German (?) production. Exactly what is produced in Germany is unclear.
Remember it is only recently that Leica has properly labeled R8s as made
in Portugal.

1st version (Canadian with a separate hood)
490 g, 80mm long (from bayonet) and 63mm in diameter

2nd version (Canadian with a built in hood)
625 g (one source lists 600 g), 80mm long (from bayonet) and 68mm in
diameter

3rd version (German with a built in hood)
560 g, 80mm long (from bayonet) and 68mm in diameter