Subject: [Leica] Re: M7 unloading
From: souljer@mac.com
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:24:15 -0700

I don't have a M7 so I don't know how delicate they may seem. But...

When taking pictures at rock clubs there is usually a lot of jostling
going on as everyone is jumping up and down etc. The most dramatic of
these was when I was kicked in the face, while trying to composes a
decisive moment, by one of those happy people who happen to get up on
top of the crowd and gets passed around. They actually kicked the right
side of the 85mm and the front of the M6 HM which drove the back of the
camera into my face. I pushed the guy off me, and rubbed my face with my
shirt; BTW everyone, including me, was soaked in sweat by this time. I
sorta regain my senses and check to see how loose the lens is, what's
the damage, etc. It's rock solid. Everything is fine. I have a black eye
and the camera is looking at me like "What are you waiting for? Shoot!"
Overall a fun night for all! This camera has also fallen to the ground
at least twice (once was my fault; concrete floor, no less) and never
even blinked. Not a scratch. My sister dropped it last month at a
wedding we were at and bent the 35mm hood. That I need to take in now, I
guess.

And you've got the Passport warranty right?

Don't worry about tapping the camera. From my limited experience, if you
are going to be "tapping" it that hard you'll probably need a new hand
before you need a new Lieca.

Should this have gone under "Why I switched to Leica"? Or should this be
a new thread, "Why my manual Leica can beat up your auto-everything!"

Gunnar
Fall seven times; stand up eight. - Japanese proverb