Subject: RE: [Leica] Other photographers at the wedding
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:22:25 -0400

At a wedding last summer I asked the bride before hand - take a deep breath,
Jim, the shock will pass ;-) - if there would be a problem shooting during
the ceremony. Ironically, it hadn't even occurred to her that that might be
a problem. Well, she checked with the (female) minister, who said fine, as
long as I wasn't using flash. So I positioned myself in the tiny
150-year-old church right up next to the lectern, where I could stay tucked
away, but shoot the faces of the bride and groom. During the service, as I
was shooting - with my 'silent' M6 which sounded like a cannon because of
the acoustics in the wooden church, the mother of the groom kept giving me
the evil eye and "subtly" waving at me to stop shooting. So I stopped
shooting - for about 30 seconds - thought about whether I wanted to piss off
the bride or her mother-in-law, and resumed shooting! As Jim would tell me,
it was the bride's wedding, she was paying me, and she wanted me to shoot.
:-)

B. D.