Subject: [Leica] Re: Focomat V35
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:50:55 -0700

At 10:10 AM 5/15/2002 -0500, pericles wrote:
>Hi LUG's: I hope someone can help me on this.
>Recently I bought a Leitz Focomat V35 enlarger with the color module and a
>focotar 40 mm lens. After I calibrated the enlarger against my easel, I made
>some b&w prints (8x10 and 11x14) and it did work great (no filters, with
>ilford grade 2 paper). Later on I tried the same negative without moving a
>thing except the color module which I set it for grade 2 1/2 but I noticed
>that with the module on, my negative went out of focus.
>I had a look in the LUG Archive but I could not find anything about the
>subject.
>Also, the neg carrier it has cannot give me black border, is there a neg
>carrier larger than 24x36?
>
>Thanks in advance
>--
>saludos, pericles
>
>http://www.pericleslavat.com

It is a known fact the one should focus an enlarger with the filters in
place and at the f/stop to be used for printing. The color of the light
will cause a focus shift as will changing the f/stop.

So always focus your enlarger, with a grain focuser, with filters in place,
and set to the desired f/stop.

There is a 25x37 (maybe 26x38) carrier but I think they are sold out at
Leica. Check eBay, call all of the advertisers in Shutterbug, make a plea
on the photography e-lists.

Jim