Subject: Re: [Leica] Dante Week 20 now in place
From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:06:38 -0400

Thanks, Mark (and Felix and Olivier and Graham...)

I should probably let the film dry for more than an hour before running it
through the scanner.  I think that the scan is a little soft in the edges
from that (so less grain).  Wouldn't have made any difference for bokeh, I
don't think, since the lens has such radical falloff from the focused point.

It was a great day for shooting.  I just got on one of those rolls where I
opened the box, pulled the lens out (and a canister of TMX) and started
shooting the first thing that walked through the door (and out 20 minutes
later).  Then it was immediately into the darkroom and... that ended up on a
page within 3 hours of taking the picture (probably a record for someone who
is still developing film from a trip last November).  Why can't every day be
like that?!  Makes almost all those days messing around with testing almost
worth it.

Since I have 32 at-least-passable frames to work with, I may manage to make
a gallery of the afternoon.  One thing I definitely want to do now is a
technical page on depth of field equivalencies between types of lenses
across formats.

Regards,
Dante Stella
http://www.dantestella.com/photo2.html (Week 20)