Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lens decision
From: David Rodgers <davrod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:04:14 -0700

Pascal,

At 04:18 PM 5/18/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I have this lens since about a month and I have to say this is one h*** of a
>lens. E**** says on his website that this is the reference lens for the R
>series, and, based on my experience, I have to agree !

I had a chance to try the 180/2.8 APO at a Leica field day. Things I
remember.....the viewfinder seemed brighter than a normal 2.8 lens (an
optical illusion perhaps). Objects snapped into focus. But I was most
impressed by the mechanics. Operation was smooth as silk. Quality oozed
from that lens. For anyone wanting a 180, I'm sure it's worth every penny.

Dave